Michele Salati, MD, PhD
Unit of Thoracic Surgery, United Hospital, Ancona, Italy
Dr. Michele Salati is a Staff Thoracic Surgeon at the Thoracic Surgery Unit of the University United Hospitals of Ancona, IT.
Dr. Salati has been a visiting Professor for 6 months in 2016-2017 at the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine University of São Paulo, Brazil.
Dr. Salati is currently member of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons Database Committee. He is also external professor in a course of post-graduation in Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgery about large database research at the Faculty of Medicine University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
He is the Author of more than 80 articles published in peer-reviewed impact factored scientific journals.
His main clinical interests focus on:
• Thoracic Oncology
• Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
• Tracheal surgery
• Uniportal VATS for pneumothorax
• Mediastinal tumors
His research interests and main publications focus on:
• Quality of care
• Clinical Audit and Risk Management
• Clinical databases management
• Data quality assessment
• Preoperative functional evaluation
• Postoperative management of thoracic surgery patients
• Epithelial mesenchymal transition and stem cells